Ensuring enrollees have safe access to health care
MAS only assigns rides to respected transportation providers to ensure enrollees have safe access to health care in a joint commitment to the communities it serves.
To ensure this is met, MAS works closely with New York State Department of Health approved non-emergency Medicaid, local transportation providers. To join in, approval must be obtained prior to a transportation provider receiving any requests or conducting any NEMT trips.
Important Transportation Provider Profile Information!!! See below
All transportation providers should be prepared to meet the following program standards.
Below are the requirements to meet all applicable New York state, county and municipal requirements for legal operation as a Medicaid transportation provider:
- Ability of providers and drivers to show sensitivity to the population, with diligent care provided to all passengers (ex: passenger delivered to responsible caretaker, not left at curb)
- Ability to provide timely and courteous service;
- Rides must be in duration of less than one (1) hour;
- Rides are conducted in clean, non-smoking vehicles;
- Appropriately and adequately heated and air-conditioned vehicles (i.e. heat in the winter, air conditioning in the summer).
- Transportation provider agrees to provide adequate vehicle staffing.