President/Owner Russ Maxwell founded MAS in 2004.
Today, MAS currently manages Medicaid transportation for approximately 5,100,000 Medicaid enrollees in New York State, which is approximately 7 percent of the national Medicaid population (source: Kaiser Family Foundation). MAS takes a team approach includes assigning regional Medicaid administrators, assistants regional Medicaid administrators, field liaisons, bus pass and mileage reimbursement administrators, as well as commercial travel and quality assurance staff directly to each region and to specific counties within each region it manages. MAS works closely with medical practitioners and transportation providers to ensure that Medicaid enrollees are provided courteous and professional transportation.
In 2004, MAS managed Medicaid transportation for the Onondaga County Department of Social Services. Over the next six years, MAS added Monroe, Sullivan, Niagara, Oneida, Dutchess, Orleans, Ulster, and Cayuga to its portfolio.
In 2011, New York State redesigned its Medicaid program, dividing the state into six regional initiatives.
- MAS won the first contract awarded under this new structure, and signed on to provide non-emergency Medicaid transportation (NEMT) in the Hudson Valley region.
- In 2013, MAS was awarded the Medicaid transportation management contract for the 24 county Finger Lakes Northern NY region.
- The WNY region was awarded to MAS in 2014.
- In 2016 MAS was awarded second five-year contract to manage Medicaid transportation for the Hudson Valley region.
- In 2017, MAS was awarded a five-year contract for Medicaid transportation management services in New York City.
The four New York State regions for which MAS currently manages Medicaid transportation for NYSDOH includes approximately 5,100,000 Medicaid enrollees, thousands of medical practitioners and over a thousand transportation providers.