Become a Transportation Provider
How do I become a Non-Emergency Medicaid Transportation Provider?
At MAS, our mission is to connect Medicaid enrollees to health care through non-emergency transportation because we believe healthier communities exist when its members have seamless access to healthcare. Quality transportation providers are an integral piece to a successful transportation provider network. Ensuring enrollees get to non-emergency medical care and other health services are not only MAS’ business, but part of its commitment to the communities it supports. From the extreme rural counties of NYS to the bustling urban cities, MAS secures an adequate network of transportation providers.
Registration and approval to become an NEMT Transportation Provider is administered by the New York State Department of Health. To become a transportation provider in the NYS Medicaid NEMT network managed by MAS, transportation providers must first enroll through Provider Enrollment with NYSDOH.
To complete the process, follow these steps:
- Enroll through Provider Enrollment with NYSDOH opens a new window
- Approval of an application can take 90 days or longer. If you have questions about your application, please follow up with NYSDOH Provider Enrollment directly.
- Upon receiving approval, which comes in the form of a letter from the NYSDOH and includes your Medicaid transportation provider number, please fill out one of the following:
• Upstate Transportation Provider Information Form opens a new window
• NYC Transportation Provider Information Form opens a new window
- Send both documents to MAS via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. *Please note: only .doc, .docx or .pdf files are accepted, we cannot accept a photograph of the form.
- Once received and processed, an MAS Field Liaison will contact you to schedule training on the MAS System. You must meet with a Field Liaison before your account will be activated.